Position Summary: The Sales Training Specialist will provide training support to the ALK product portfolio, which includes the Allergy Immunotherapy and Diversified products sales teams. In addition, this position will provide Business Operations support for Meeting Planning and Field Communications. The Sales Trainer Specialist will spend 65% of time supporting sales training and 35% supporting Business Operations. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Sales Training. This position is based in Bedminster, NJ.
General Purpose: The Sales Training Specialist will ensure that all ALK sales representatives are effectively trained on product and clinical knowledge that reflects the needs of sales, marketing, medical and compliance requirements via pre/live/post training programs or events.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or health sciences-related B2B experience (preferred)
- Experience could be across any combination of the following:
1. Sales representative
2. Sales training experience
- Strong product and allergy disease state knowledge and experience (preferred); with ability to learn new products quickly
- Strong presentation and platform skills, including ability to communicate in small and large settings
- Strong Communication (oral/written) & Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects and ALK vendors to ensure quality and on time delivery of training product/services.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with a matrix of ALK team members including members of the Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Medical, Market Access and Regulatory departments.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve organizational objectives including the ability to anticipate and adapt, own and/or work group tactics to support changing business needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and be accountable for individual & department results
- Moderate travel required, 30%
The primary job responsibility of the Sales Training Specialist will be to develop and deliver training content for use during live training classes,
virtual training classes, live meetings, and to support continuous training throughout the year for the Field.
Training responsibilities will include:
- Planning, scheduling and delivering the training for all new hire training events within the organization, both live and virtual.
- Designing and developing training workshops/learning modules and associated content, while obtaining feedback from key stakeholders
- Taking workshop/learning modules through Legal/Medical/Regulatory process for full approval for use with field sales
- Effectively managing assigned projects to completion, while meeting deadlines and delivering a quality product to field sales.
Business Operations responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Sales and Marketing Communications to the field
- Meeting Planning
- New hire and sample logistics
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of sales experience in a Pharma or health-related B2B Sales position
- Demonstrated track record of sales success
- Demonstrated leadership impact at district, regional or national level through best practice sharing or having proven contributions aboveand beyond own sales territory.
- Superior selling skills and a passion for teaching others to enhance their skills and understand the key components of the selling process.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly understand and utilize new software platforms, such as Adobe Connect as well as other programs in a sales training setting
- Creativity, with a demonstrated ability to solve complex sales or training challenges with out of the box thinking
- Detail oriented individual with strong time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Reporting to this Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day. Individual may be required to work hours that extend beyond a normal 8-5p work day.
Work Environment: For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this position click here